Monitoring and Evaluation
Monitoring is vital for successful launching and meeting the objectives of the Billion Trees Tsunami Afforestation Program. Monitoring of the project activities are being carried out through three tiered monitoring mechanism i.e. at department, project and third party monitoring.
The Chief Conservator of Forests, Conservator of Forests and Divisional Forest Officers are implementing and monitoring each and every activity of the project as per following mechanism.
- All the activities are marked on GIS maps and the coordinates for the plan field activities will be provided by the field staff to the PMU before undertaking physical
- The DFO will supervise work and shall be responsible for 100% correctness, after proper monitoring and verification.
- The DFO concerned will also ensure that compartment history file is maintained having map of plantation, pre, during and post work photographs of the area, quality and quantity of work done, GPS coordinates record of the area and updation of history files.
- The Conservator of Forests of the concerned forest circles will physically monitor and verify the 30% work to satisfy correctness of work in his area of jurisdiction. Further he has to ensure that duties of DFO regarding developmental works are fulfilled, gaps identification and course correction accordingly.
- The Chief Conservator of Forests of the region has to ensure policy coherence regarding project concept and guide the field staff on course correction. Overall he is responsible for correctness of entire developmental works carried out in his jurisdiction under the project. He has to monitor and verify 10% of the total work done.